We shall provide you with info on Automotive Technician Salary in this article. But before then, you should know who and what an Automotive technician does.
Job Description of an Automotive Technician
An Automotive technician is a mechanic that oversees the effective functioning of a vehicle. They detect disorders, repair, and sometimes replace spoilt parts of a vehicle.
Some of the technicians focus on repairing or diagnosing faults associated with the certain specific make of a vehicle while other works on variations of vehicular make.
Depending on the complexity of a fault, they may be required to disassemble the parts of a car for them to be able to repair or p[robably replace some parts if necessary.
It is, however, necessary for them to give an overview of cost to clients before starting work or checking the likely faults (inspection)
Duties/ Responsibilities of an Automotive Technician
Their duties include;
- With the high rate of advancement in technology, the jobs of automotive technicians are becoming expanded daily, their job typically includes electronic systems. Since most vehicles produced nowadays has a sophisticated computer and electronic systems, technicians (auto) works with a computer to detect disorders and profer accurate and quick solutions to faults
- Automotive technicians also carry out preventive maintenance. They check vehicle parts and systems to replace necessary parts that are faulty or not functioning effectively.
Educational Requirements to Become an Automotive Technician
The National Automotive Technician Education Foundation (NATEF) is the institution regulating the training of auto technicians in the United States. They evaluate trainees following advanced vehicle production technologies. The NATEF coordinates and accredits programs for secondary and postsecondary schools.
Skills required to become an Automotive Technician
- You must be able to adapt to new technology development and learn new technologies
- You must be able to deal with unpleasing conditions like heat, and toxic smells of chemicals
- The automotive technician must have physical stamina because they may be required to carry heavy objects
- As an auto technician, you must be technologically inclined
- Must be able to acquire new skills and keep up with the trend of development
- You must have somewhat computer knowledge because it will be required to detect disorders
Automotive Technician Salary
The annual earnings of Automotive technicians vary with location or States where.
We shall then reveal to you an Automotive Technician salary in some of the States in the U.S.A
|States||Annual Salary ($)|
|New York||45, 105|
|New Hampshire||43, 483|
|North Dakota||41, 122|
|Rhoda Island||41, 056|
|South Dakota||39, 344|
|New Jersey||39, 259|
|West Virginia||39, 211|
|South Carolina||3, 819|