Job Description of Mechatronics Engineers:
Mechatronics engineers are professionals. They are simply concerned with the engineering practice called mechatronics.
Mechatronics engineering is a discipline made up of sub-disciplines. As the name implies, mechanics and electronics engineering forms the pedestal of the discipline.
Mechatronics blends the values, techniques, skills, and processes of telecommunication engineering, control engineering, system engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, and electronics engineering into a unified format.
Tasks or Duties of a Mechatronics engineer?
Typically, a mechatronics engineer performs the following duties or tasks
- They work to upgrade the function and section of manufactured goods
- Design robots for most industrial purposes.
- Use specialized software to perform tasks in various ways to make improvement
- Mechatronics analysis and modeling of electronic, mechanical systems using a computer
- During exploration beneath earth crust, they apply mechatronics processes to carry out a dangerous activity
- They proffer solutions to industrial problems
- Develop electromechanical devices to industrial problems
- They develop materials like x-rays machines, robots, etc.
- Carry out a feasibility study on the cost implication
- They also work to minimize costs where necessary
Educational Requirement to become a Mechatronics engineer
To become a Mechatronics engineer, you must pursue a bachelor of science in Mechatronics engineering. You can also pursue your bachelor’s degree in fields like Mechanical engineering and electrical electronics engineering.
A mechatronics engineer must persist to gain the following important skills;
- Must be a problem solver, that is, he must have problem-solving skills
- Must have good analytical skills
Where can Mechatronics engineers Work?
Mechatronics engineers deal with a range of disciplines. Their knowledge is influenced by principles in mechanical, electrical, electronics, computer, software, etc. engineering. They combine all of these disciplines to create a hybrid system that is channeled towards a problem.
As a result of this, they can work in a wide range of industries. The list you see below is just an overview.
- Engineering design office
- Oil and gas
- Manufacturing industries
- Telecommunication industries
- Food Processing industries
- Mining industries etc.
Salary of a mechatronics engineer
In the United States, the average annual pay for mechatronics engineer is $90, 000. The salary range is between $59, 000-$169, 000.
The average weekly salary is $1, 731
This implies that their average monthly salary is $7, 500. Their average annual salary is $90, 000.
Job Prospects for Mechatronics engineers
The projected growth rate of mechatronics engineers is divided into mechanical and electronics engineers.
The average projected growth rate from 2018 through 2028 for mechanical engineers is 4 percent while the one for electronics engineers is 1 percent.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, mechatronics engineers are expected to have a moderate growth rate in Wisconsin and Michigan.